David and Suzi
We are currently living in South Seattle. We’ve been together for more than 10 years! Throughout the week, you’ll find us hanging out at home with our friends, working out, and being a part of our church community.
We have two daughters, so much of our time is spent hanging out with them and teaching them new things. I also drink about twice as much coffee as before.
David still codes on Github as davidchang, has a Facebook, and puts career related things on LinkedIn. He got his start with content publishing in high school on Xanga, but that is far too embarrassing to link here. You can email him at dchang.me at gmail.com.
He currently works as a front end engineer at Airbnb; past companies include Facebook, TUNE, and Amazon.
Technologies he enjoys:
- React, React Native
Some things he’s done:
- working on internal tools for Airbnb’s trust and safety agents to mitigate fraud
- developed Facebook’s web-based TV Apps
- presented this meetup talk at SeattleJS about optimizing React/Redux apps
- developed the TUNE marketing console
- came up with ngReact, a library to render React components within Angular apps (2k+ stars on Github)
- lived in San Francisco proper for a few months, in North Panhandle, which meant many runs through Golden Gate Park
- held these jobs in high school: Arby’s cashier, sound technician
- held these jobs in college: dishwasher, musician, RA, tutor, and web developer
- a few full marathons (Seattle Marathon, Seattle Rock n Roll)
- read a whole bunch of Tim Keller books
Suzi has a normal instagram and a Mom instagram and has a shop called Humble Flourishing. After graduating with a music degree from the University of Oklahoma, she moved to Seattle and spent time working in accounts payable at a small cruise company as well as currently being a secretary at a small family law firm. Some of her creative interests include gardening, surface pattern design, and calligraphy.
She doesn’t blog here a lot.